Our Aseptic technique course is designed for all staff who require, as part of their role, an understanding of the correct procedures to follow when performing aseptic techniques.
After this half-day course, attendees will be competent in the following areas:
• Define the term “aseptic technique”
• Identify when an AT should be used
• Explain why there are variations in AT procedures
• State the potential sources of microbial contamination
• Identify non-aseptic steps and how to maintain asepsis
• Relevant legislation and guidance
• Competency framework
The session is followed by a multiple-choice assessment designed to test learners’ understanding of the course.
A Certificate will be issued after the successful completion of the training course.
Attendees are continually assessed throughout the course to ensure learning outcomes have been achieved and must be physically able to carry out procedures required to meet assessment criteria.