Our wound management course is designed for all those involved in caring for patients with chronic or acute wounds.
As a result of attending our training course, each learner will have a greater appreciation of wound types and the appropriate techniques to manage them effectively.
After this half-day course, attendees will be competent in the following areas:
• Understanding the 3 stages of wound healing
• Identifying the different cells involved in the stages of wound healing
• Categories of wound healing
• Principles of wound healing
• Types of wound – chronic / acute
• 4 principles of wound management – TIME concept (Tissue, Infection, Moisture, Edge
• Selecting the appropriate dressing
• Dressing types
The session is followed by a multiple-choice assessment designed to test learners’ understanding of the course.
A Certificate will be issued after the successful completion of the training course.
Attendees are continually assessed throughout the course to ensure learning outcomes have been achieved and must be physically able to carry out procedures required to meet assessment criteria.