Mental health knows no social, economic status or ethnic backgrounds, according to MIND 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental problem every year.
This very practical and interactive Mental Health Awareness course aims to raise awareness of ill-mental health and to understand and recognise the causes, symptoms and support options for a wide range of mental health problems and to remove the stigma surrounding mental health.
It gives delegates a chance to explore common types of mental health problems such as Depression, Psychosis, Anxiety, OCD and disorders and much more… and will provide individuals with guidance and the tools for daily wellbeing management to help make people in distress feel safe, supported and understood.
This course is suitable for any type of organisation including healthcare, social care, schools and public services or for anyone who would like a better understanding of mental health conditions, including carers, family and friends of individuals who may be affected by those issues.
After this half-day course staff will be able to:
• Describe some common types of mental health conditions, recognise the causes and symptoms
• Understand the needs and experiences of people with mental health conditions and the importance of promoting positive health and wellbeing
• Understand the importance of early detection of mental health conditions and how this can improve the way care is provided and the support that is given
• Gain an understanding of different ways health and social care professionals can work in collaboration and how it may be necessary to adjust the way care is provided in order to support people who have mental health conditions
• Understand legal frameworks, policy and guidelines, designed to promote and safeguard human rights including the concepts of capacity, consent and detainment
The session is followed by a multiple-choice assessment designed to test learners’ understanding of the course. Test results are usually disclosed within two working days after attending the training. Certificate will be issued after successful completion of the training course.