Our Health & Safety Risk assessment training course is aimed at personnel who have been given the task of carrying out and communicating risk assessments. E.g. Managers, supervisors and business owners.
Risk assessments are a legal requirement for all types of workplaces, therefore, this course is designed to help attendees comply with management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999 by providing guidance on how to complete a suitable and sufficient risk assessment in the workplace.
Health and Safety can only work if it can be understood. This risk assessment course takes delegates through some of the most effective and yet ‘easy to use’ formats available. The skill to risk assessments is to prioritise risks and then focus on areas where the consequences of hazards are most severe. It really isn’t any more complicated than that. This risk assessment training will give delegates indispensable insight and guidance into the application of these legal requirements in the workplace.
After this half-day course, attendees will be able to:
• Have awareness of the risk assessment process
• Understand the legal requirements of risk assessment in line with the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
• Understand the definition of hazard and how to identify hazards in the workplace
• Understand what is meant by risk and how to control risk
• Have knowledge and understand how to build a risk assessment
Our course also covers a variety of topics such as:
• Relevant Legislation
• Principles of Control
• Hazards, Risks, and Consequences
• Hazard Spotting
• The Hierarchy of Controls
• Risk Analysis
The session is followed by a multiple-choice assessment designed to test learners’ understanding of the course. Test results are usually disclosed within two working days after attending the training. A certificate will be issued after the successful completion of the training course.