This half day course is suitable for all staff in the workplace. Employers have a legal responsibility to provide key safety information to staff and ensure they understand Health & Safety basics in the workplace. This Health & Safety Awareness Course will deliver exactly that and provide your business with legal compliance.
This course introduces attendees to many aspects of the Health & Safety at Work and is intended to help raise safety standards and awareness. By the end of the course, delegates will know how to manage safety effectively.
After this half-day course attendees will be able to;
• Demonstrate an understanding of their and their employers’ responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974
• Understand the definition of a hazard and be able to identify common hazards in the workplace and at home
• Understand the definition of risk & how to control risk
• Know the 5 steps of risk assessment
• Understand the financial implications of incidents
Our course also covers various topics such as:
• Hazard spotting
• Causes of accidents and ill health
• Employee and employer’s responsibilities
• Risk Assessment
• Manual Handling
• Reporting Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences (RIDDOR)
• Provision & use of workplace equipment
• Display screen equipment
• First Aid
• Personal protective equipment
• Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
• Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare) Regulations
• Fire safety
• Electrical safety
The session is followed by a multiple-choice assessment designed to test learners’ understanding of the course. Test results are usually disclosed within two working days after attending the training. A certificate will be issued after the successful completion of the training course.