Our 3-day First Aid at work course is suitable for anyone who wishes to become an accredited first aider in the workplace, particularly where it has been identified subsequent to risk assessment that a trained first aider is recommended.
It teaches candidates the core skills required to enable them to work efficiently and effectively as the companies designated First Aider.
After this three-day course attendee will:
• Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
• Recording and reporting of accidents and incidents including RIDDOR
• Discussion of specific work-related injuries
• Contents of a first aid kit (including preventing cross infection)
• Assessing the situation and acting safely, effectively and promptly in an emergency
• Safe use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
This course covers the essentials of dealing with First Aid Emergencies including administering first aid to a casualty who is/requires:
• Unconscious (including seizure)
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & AED
• Wounded and bleeding
• Suffering from shock
• Appropriate first aid for minor injuries including minor cuts, grazes, bruises, small splinters, minor burns and scalds
As well as administer first aid to a casualty with:
• Injuries to bones, muscles, and joints including suspected spinal injuries
• Chest injuries
• Burns and scalds
• Eye injuries
• Sudden poisoning
• Anaphylactic shock
• Heart Attack including Angina
Attendees must be physically able to carry out the procedures required to meet HSE assessment criteria. This course complies with Health and Safety (first aid) Regulations 1981.