Our emergency first aid at work course is suitable for employees who have been identified to act as the first aider in low-risk workplace environments.
All successful candidates will have the skills and knowledge to provide emergency first aid to casualties in a prompt, safe and effective manner.
After this one-day course attendees will be able to:
• Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
• Recording and reporting of accidents and incidents including RIDDOR
• Contents of a first aid kit (including preventing cross infection)
• Assessing the situation and acting safely, effectively and promptly in an emergency
• Safe use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
As well as administering first aid to a casualty who is/requires:
• Unconscious (including seizure)
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) & AED
• Wounded and bleeding
• Suffering from shock
• Appropriate first aid for minor injuries including minor cuts, grazes, bruises, small splinters, minor burns and scalds
If time allows there will be a discussion of specific work-related injuries/illness including topics such as:
Heart Attack including Angina
Learners are continuously assessed throughout the course to ensure learning outcomes have been achieved.
Learners must be physically able to carry out the procedures required to meet the assessment criteria.