Our one-day Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) training course is suitable for employees in all industry sectors. It covers the basics of identifying, measuring and controlling exposure to harmful substances.
This COSHH training is ideal for anyone with responsibility for storing, using, handling or transporting hazardous substances, particularly those involved with manufacturing, cleaning, healthcare, transport, utilities or offices.
The COSHH training course will help to ensure that your business complies with relevant legislation, including the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002(COSHH) and the Classification, Labelling and Packaging of Chemicals Regulations 2015.
After this half-day course attendee will:
• Have an understanding of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
• Know what a Material Safety Data Sheet (SDS) is and the sections within it
• The long-term health issues related to working with chemicals
• Have knowledge of the risk assessment process and the type of risk assessment for controlling chemicals (COSHH Assessment)
• Understand the role and the importance of using the correct PPE
Topics covered include:
• Forms of chemical and biological agents
• Classification of substances
• Routes of entry
• Health hazards of specific agents
• The role of COSHH
• Workplace exposure limits and other sources of information
• Control measures
• Surveys for health risks
• Environmental issues
• Practical COSHH risk assessments
The session is followed by a multiple-choice assessment designed to test learners’ understanding of the course. Test results are usually disclosed within two working days after attending the training. A certificate will be issued after the successful completion of the training course.